Our committee works on matters relating to Anatomy and Physiology curriculum and develops appropriate guidelines relating to it and its instruction. The committee has been responsible for the development of the anatomy and physiology curriculum which is now used by most authors of related text books. We provide recommendations to the Board of Directors for curricula in both Anatomy & Physiology combined courses as well as for stand-alone courses.
Committee Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Periodically reviewing the curriculum guidelines, updating, modifying, and/or changing the guidelines in accordance with the evolution of the anatomy and physiology curricula.
- Responding to the needs and the concerns of the membership on all matters relating to anatomy and physiology curricula and instruction.
- Seeking, when appropriate, the widest and most diverse input in addressing issues pertaining to anatomy and physiology curricula and instruction.
- Collecting, organize, and distribute to the membership, when appropriate, information relating to anatomy and physiology curricula and instruction.
- Encouraging the development of new strategies and materials that enhance anatomy and physiology curricula and instruction.
- Establishing lines of communication, with the approval of the Board of Directors, with other professional societies that are involved in pedagogical processes as they relate to the disciplines of anatomy and physiology.
Solicitation from the Committee
Our committee work needs lots of hands on deck. We, therefore, urge HAPS members to join our committee. Each year, we recognize the most ardent volunteers in the committee with official letters. Please contact the Committee Chair to join this important committee.